Intercultural Business Skills
A practical Master Class to give you the skills you need to excel in international business.
Doing international business requires intercultural business skills.
People from different cultural backgrounds have different cultural norms, practices, assumptions and expectations. This means that people from different countries and different cultures react to inputs differently, communicate differently, and make decisions differently.
Cultural differences exist in virtually every human interaction. Differences among individuals in perspective, interpretation, understanding and resulting behavior very often have their roots in a cultural differences. We simply see things differently. The question is: how do you do business with people who see things fundamentally differently than you?
By 1) recognizing the intercultural differences, 2) finding ways to bridge them towards common goals, and 3) integrating this habit of working into daily practice, we can learn how to leverage these differences into high performance, and increasing sustainable business results.
What you'll get
- Your own cultural analysis by the most thoroughly validated psychometric assessment tool available: Intercultural Readiness Check; .
- Deep knowledge and practical familiarity with a versatile and flexible cultural adaptation tool: MBI (Mapping, Bridging, Integrating) designed and developed by two professors from IMD (Laussane, Switzerland);
- Handy tools and frameworks to help you perform your best in any intercultural situation - even those at home in your own company;
- Two (2) personal executive coaching sessions with a certified intercultural coach are included in your fee;
- Certification by the Royal Tropical Institute (Amsterdam, the Netherlands)
Do you want to lead successfully in today’s increasingly complex global marketplace? If you are an international manager and want to possess greater awareness, sensitivity and flexibility in dealing with intercultural issues, you've come to the right place.
Leo Salazar (San Bernardino, California, US, 1957) is a certified business coach and trainer who works with individuals and groups to align their performance with the requirements of their teams and organizations. His desire to fully understand international corporations led him to gain an MBA in International Business Development from the University of Twente’s TSM Business School (the Netherlands, 1995), as well as a master’s degree from the Greenleaf Center for Servant Leadership (US, 2008), and coaching and leadership development certifications from the European Institute (Netherlands, 2014), Coaches Training Institute (CapGemini Academy, France, 2010), and Harthill Associates (UK, 2009). Leo's undergraduate work (Bachelor of Science, 1983) is from Old Dominion University (Virginia, US). Leo is currently working with a number of companies in Asia from his base in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), while continuing to service clients in the US, Europe and globally through his online offering at BRIL.Academy.